These are just some facts including some found on the disaster preparedness website ready.gov:
– Up to 40% of businesses affected by a natural or human-caused disaster never reopen. (Source: Insurance Information Institute).
– Customers expect delivery of products or services on time. If there is a significant delay, customers may go to a competitor.
– Insurance is only a partial solution. It does not cover all losses and it will not replace customers.
– 30% of all businesses that have a major fire go out of business within a year. 70% fail within five years. (Home Office Computing Magazine).
– 93% of companies that lost their data center for 10 days or more due to a disaster filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster. 50% of businesses that found themselves without data management for this same time period filed for bankruptcy immediately. (National Archives & Records Administration in Washington)
– Companies that aren’t able to resume operations within ten days (of a disaster hit) are not likely to survive. (Strategic Research Institute).
The list goes on and on. This is the reason why in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy Synetek Solutions would like to provide assistance not only to our existing clients but also our local business community in general. In order for us to do this we are creating a series of webinars not only to educate the business community on some of the latest Business Continuities and Disaster Recovery strategies but also open our doors and make our experts available to you for questions and concerns.
Please join us on either of the following dates:
Thursday November 8th at 12PM
Tuesday November 13t at 12PM
Tuesday November 27th at 12 PM
Look forward to talking to you.